Effective as of: 1st September 2010
In Debate (UK) Limited makes debates, newsletter and other written pieces of content accessible online via our website located at www.in-debate.com (the “Site”) and through other media distribution outlets (the “Services”).
Although every effort is taken to ensure the accuracy of the information contained within the pages of the Site, we cannot guarantee that the Content or Services of the Site will always be current, accurate or complete.
This is a legal agreement between you and In Debate (UK) LTD, also known as In-Debate (“Agreement”).
Certain types of content are made available through the Site. The “Content” is defined as, any text, data, graphics, images, audio and video files made available through the Site, excluding User Submissions.
Whilst In-Debate shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, In-Debate will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access may be suspended temporarily and without notice in circumstances of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
In order to access the In-Debate Newsletter and to post User Submissions, you will have to subscribe or login into your Facebook account thereby becoming a “Registered User“. To become a Registered User and register with us you must be at least 13 years of age. You agree that you shall be solely responsible for any activities or actions under account. You shall notify In-Debate of any unauthorized use of your account. You agree that the information that you provide to us upon registration, and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete.
This Site is not directed to children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that a child in their care has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, they should contact us. If In-Debate becomes aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete such information from our files.
You may terminate your In-Debate subscription at any time by contacting us. Any suspension, termination or cancellation shall not affect the provisions of this Agreement, which by their nature are intended to survive its termination or expiry, including your obligations or In-Debate’s rights under the following Sections 6 through 16.
5. Third Party Links
The Site may provide links to third party websites or resources from the Site. We shall have no liability in respect of any materials provided by third parties, or in respect of any web sites which may be linked to the Site, but which are not under In-Debate’s control. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
Whilst reasonable care is taken to prevent computer viruses being transmitted via the pages and files distributed through this Site, as with all use of the internet, users should ensure that they have their own online security and virus protection before using this Site. We exclude all liability to any User or of any files distributed via this Site for any damage or loss (including loss or corruption of data) resulting directly or indirectly from any visit to or use by any person of this Site or of any files distributed by this Site.
7. Ownership & Intellectual Property Rights
a. Consumer Subscriptions
You may access and use the Site, Services and Content for your own personal non-commercial use. Subject to the foregoing sentence, you may have the right to download content (as offered on the Site) or stream such content to a media device for your personal non-commercial viewing. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Site, Services, Content, User Submissions or related products and services and other than as set forth in this section 7(a) you will not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise exploit the Site, Services, Content or User Submissions (other than your User Submissions). In-Debate and its partners own all right, title and interest, including all worldwide intellectual property rights in the Site, Content and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein other than your User Submissions.
b. Institutional Subscriptions
Only schools or other other institutions, which pay for “Institutional Membership” have the right to:
- Reproduce and/or photocopy In-Debate written content for use as classroom resources
- Download or stream In-Debate video to broadcast in a public setting
c. User Submissions
(i) In-Debate does not claim ownership rights in your User Submissions. However, by uploading, submitting, emailing, posting, publishing or otherwise transmitting any User Submission to In Debate (UK) Limited, on the Site or through the Services you hereby grant and agree to grant In-Debate a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast and otherwise exploit such User Submissions in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed, including without limitation on the Site and third party websites. You warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to grant the foregoing licenses to In Debate (UK) Limited. IQ² shall own all right, title and interest in and to all derivative works and compilations of User Submissions that are created by In Debate (UK) Limited, including all worldwide intellectual property rights therein.
(ii)You acknowledge and agree that In-Debate may, at its option, establish limits concerning User Submissions, including without limitation the maximum number of days that User Submissions will remain on Site, the maximum size of any files that may be stored on or uploaded to the Site, and the maximum disk space that will be allotted to you for the storage of User Submissions on In Debate (UK) Limited’s servers. In-Debate shall have no responsibility or liability and you are solely responsible for creating back-ups of your User Submissions.
(iii) In-Debate does not endorse any User Submission or any opinion, recommendation or advice expressed therein, and In-Debate expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions. You understand that when using the Site and Services, you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and that In-Debate is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Submissions. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against In-Debate with respect thereto.
As a condition to your access and use of the Site, Content or Services, and in connection to such access or use, you agree not to:
- Circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Site or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content.
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing an In-Debate name, trademark, URL or product name;
- Post, upload and otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any posting or in any way use the Site or Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Post, upload or otherwise transmit, via the Site or Services, any User Submissions that are unlawful, obscene, harmful, threatening, harassing or hateful, or that contains objects or symbols of hate, invades the privacy of any third party, contains nudity (including without limitation any pornography), is deceptive, threatening, abusive, inciting of unlawful action, defamatory, libelous, vulgar or violent, or constitutes hate speech, or is otherwise objectionable in the opinion of In Debate (UK) Limited;
- Post, upload or otherwise transmit any User Submissions that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to (i) interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software; or (ii) interfere with the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming or mail-bombing the Site;
- Post, upload or otherwise transmit any User Submissions that include code that is hidden or otherwise surreptitiously contained within the images, audio or video of any User Submissions that is unrelated to the immediate, aesthetic nature of the User Submissions;
- Interfere with or disrupt (or attempt to interfere with or disrupt) any web pages available at the Site, servers or networks connected to the Site or the technical delivery systems of In Debate (UK) Limited’s providers or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any In-Debate system or network or breach or impair or circumvent any security or authentication measures protecting the Site or Services;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site or Services;
- Attempt to access, search or meta-search the Site with any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism other than software and/or search agents provided by In-Debate or other generally available third party web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Opera), including without limitation any software that sends queries to the Site to determine how a website or web page ranks.
- Collect or store personal data about other users without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, through pretexting or some other form of social engineering or otherwise commit fraud;
- Violate any applicable law, regulation or ordinance; or
- Use the Site or Services in any manner not permitted by this Agreement.
You shall not use the site or its services to transmit, route, provide connections to or store any material that infringes copyrighted works or otherwise violates or promotes the violation of the intellectual property rights of any third party.
10. Enforcement of Terms
Your use of the Site, Services, Content and User Submissions is at your sole discretion and risk. The Site, Services, Content and User Submissions, and all materials, information, products and services included therein, are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranties of any kind. In-Debate disclaims all warranties of any kind, express, implied or statutory, relating to the site, services, content and user submissions, including without limitation the warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of proprietary rights. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from In Debate (UK) Limited, shall create any warranty not expressly stated in this Agreement.
In-Debate collates views from around the internet and are in no way a reflection of In-Debate’s veiws. In-Debate will not be held liable to any view from a 3rd party that is inflammatory, prejudice, misleading, or offensive. These views are not the views of In Debate (UK) Limited.
12. Limitation of Liability
In no event shall In Debate (UK) Limited, its officers, directors, employees, or agents, be liable to you for any damages whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with your use of the Site, Services, Content or User Submissions whether the damages are foreseeable and whether or not In-Debate has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction and in no event shall In Debate (UK) Limited’s cumulative liability to you exceed £100.
This Agreement is governed by the laws of England and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Your feedback is welcome and encouraged.
© In Debate (UK) Limited. All rights reserved.